2023 Grant deadline is nearly here
You and your organization have until June 30, 2022 to apply for Project Change Foundation’s 2023 grant cycle. If you’re an early-stage charity, we encourage you to submit an expression of interest through our online form.
Each year, the Foundation awards investments of $2,000 and provides free advisory support to Canadian registered charities that are in the early stages of development. We’re keen on supporting organizations that have a community or environmental focus and can demonstrate growth potential. We’ve awarded grants to a variety of organizations including Nourish Cowichan Society, Refugee Women’s Network, and Inspire Community Outreach. Now we’re in search of who to support next – so make sure you get on our radar.
“The members of Project Change Foundation have diverse professional skills and experience that give them that big picture perspective on the work of developing any organization,” says Lisa van den Hoven, chief operating officer of Inspire Community Outreach, one of the Foundation’s 2021 grant recipients. “If you are working with a small group of mission-focused team members and you need guidance from folks with an administrative or business operations perspective to help you identify next steps, reach out to Project Change for support.”
Our application process is straightforward. Your first step is completing a short online form. Here are a few tips to help you get started on your application:
- Keep your responses short and specific. Stick to the word-count limits.
- The more concrete you are about how you can use our financial support, the better.
- Know what you’re trying to achieve and tell us what your project’s goals and impact are. This shows how we can help you.
- Tell us what kind of in-kind support you need. We provide advisory support to our recipient organizations and we want to work with groups that need more than money.
- Be ready for growth. We’re interested in working with organizations that are small and looking to grow.
When reviewing applications, our board uses specific criteria to select grant recipients.
We look for Canadian charities that are:
- new or emerging, but with growth potential.
- community-based and committed to connecting people.
- committed to empowering other people to become leaders and change-makers.
- operated in a manner that produces specific and measurable impacts.
- making positive contributions to the planet or their community.
If this sounds like your organization, submit your application by June 30!