Deadline for grants is coming up
We’re still accepting applications for 2022 grants — but only until June 30. If you’ve been waiting to apply, get your application in this month. We’ve made it easy to apply online.
Just what are we looking for? Canadian early-stage charities that are community or environment focused and that have growth potential. As a public foundation, we can only accept applications from registered charities in Canada. We’ve worked with a diverse slate of organizations, from the Binners’ Project to Nourish Cowichan Society and would love to hear from you.
Our application process is straightforward: we have a short online form. Here are a few tips to help you get started on your application.
- Keep your responses short and specific. Stick to the word-count limits.
- The more concrete you are about how you can use our financial support, the better.
- Know what you’re trying to achieve and tell us what your project’s goals and impact are. This shows how we can help you.
- Tell us what kind of in-kind support you need. We provide advisory support to our recipient organizations and we want to work with groups that need more than money.
- Be ready for growth. We want to work with organizations that are small and looking to grow.
“It’s rare that a funder will give us as much support with their time and talents as Project Change Foundation does, and is one of the main reasons that we applied. The board is full of professions who understand how charities work, and that made it very easy to communicate what we do, how we do it, and what’s keeping us from reaching that next level,” says Amanda Macpherson, the Executive Director of Chilliwack Restorative Justice and Youth Advocacy Association (2019 recipient).
Our board uses specific criteria in its final selection for grant recipients. We look for:
- New charities that have growth potential.
- Community based organizations committed to connecting people.
- Not-for-profits that want to empower other leaders and change-makers.
- Organizations aiming to produce specific and measurable impact.
- Charities focused on making contributions to the planet or their community.
If this sounds like your organization, get your application in by June 30.